As the coronavirus outbreak continues, I have taken the necessary precautions to ensure my family is staying safe and that includes buying the necessary items for our quarantine time at home. AKA my Coronavirus Shopping List. I bought some of these items from Target and Costco, but for the majority, I have been taking advantage of my prime Amazon membership and purchasing what I need online. Here’s what I bought:
Disclaimer: Doctors have been advising AGAINST taking any anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, advil, cortisone, etc. as it could be a factor in worsening the coronavirus infection. Make sure to consult with your doctor if you are already on anti-inflammatory drugs.
Vitamins & Medicines
- Vitamin D – Helps boost your immune system.
- Prenatal – Since I am breastfeeding, my OBGYN recommended I continue taking my prenatal pills
- Probiotics – Helps promote a healthy digestive system
- Dayquil and Nyquil
- Baby Tylenol – Incase of an emergency with Serena, it’s always good to have it at home if you have a baby
- Thermometer – I wanted to be able to take my family’s temperature when needed
Water & Minerals
- White Vinegar – I literally use white vinegar for EVERYTHING! Washing fruits and vegetables, cleaning Serena’s toys, cleaning around the house etc. The benefits of it are ENDLESS. Read more about it right here
- Apple Cider Vinegar – I take one spoon of apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach every morning. It’s a great detox that also helps lower blood pressure and aids in weight loss.
- Toilet Paper
- Clorox wipes – I like wiping down almost everything with these wipes
- Lysol all purpose cleaner
- Paper Towel
- Laundry Detergent
- Garbage bags
- Frida baby first aid kit
- Friday baby Humidifier
- Humidifier drops
Food; We are sticking to a vegetarian diet.
- Frozen fruits and vegetables – They have a longer shelf life and I can use them for my morning smoothies or easy vegetable stew recipes
- Canned goods such as beans, artichoke, corn etc.
- Vegetable stock
- Eggs – can last for up to 3 weeks and they make a great breakfast option!
- Bread – I put them in the freezer and take them out as needed.
- Salt, pepper, cinnamon, and other spices I tend to use often
- Tumeric – boosts your immune system, great for your skin, and helps prevent inflammation. Tip: add a teaspoon of tumeric, cinnamon, and ginger to your tea. It works magic if you are feeling a little under the weather.
- Fresh Produce such as: Lemon, Garlic, Onion, Carrots etc.I wash them all and freeze whatever I will not use within the next few days.
- Fruits high in Vitamin C such as: Grapefruit, apples, and oranges.
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Olive oil and Vegetable Oil
- Beyond meat burger and patties- For at home burger nights!
- Frozen Pizza – for my lazy days
And that concludes my Coronavirus Shopping List! Hope it helps! & I hope you are all staying positive and safe.
Shop my list