THIS HAS BEEN SUCH AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE! I actually scheduled our second 4D ultrasound in 2 weeks.
Our first ultrasound was done at 19 weeks and even though we were able to see so many great details of the baby, our baby has grown a few inches since then.Plus, I loved the feeling of being able to see our baby girl move around. It’s like the reality of me being pregnant hitting me all over again. The ultrasound was relatively inexpensive. It was for $59.00 and you get to keep a CD filled with pictures and videos taken during the ultrasound.
A FEW 4D ULTRASOUND FACTS:
- You will get to see your baby moving in real time. We got to see our baby smiling, kicking, and event putting her thumb in her ear.
- The 4D ultrasound helped us estimate the baby’s due date based on bone mass
- It’s also another way to confirm the baby’s gender. It can also check for twins!
- 4D ultrasound will also help measure your baby’s main organs and ruling out any birth defects.
- You do not need a doctor’s referral to get a 4D ultrasound UNLESS you are looking for a specific in depth ultrasound treatment then your doctor will provide you with a referral sheet. For our first ultrasound, we did not need any referrals. We just called in and scheduled an appointment.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water prior to your ultrasound! It helps your baby’s images come out clearer.
For more pregnancy updates and essentials, you can check here.